Cubic NLS on 2d manifolds
Cubic NLS on the torus T^2
- One has LWP for Bo1993.
- In the defocussing case one has GWP for in by Hamiltonian conservation.
- One can improve this to by the I-method by De Silva, Pavlovic, Staffilani, and Tzirakis (and also in an unpublished work of Bourgain).
- In the focusing case one has blowup for data close to the ground state, with a blowup rate of BuGdTz-p
- The norm grows like as long as the norm stays bounded.
Cubic NLS on the cylinder
- One has LWP for TkTz-p2.
Cubic NLS on the sphere S^2
- Uniform local well-posedness fails for BuGdTz2002, Ban2004a, but holds for BuGdTz-p7.
- For this is in BuGdTz-p3.
- These results for the sphere can mostly be generalized to other Zoll manifolds.
Cubic NLS on bounded domains
See BuGdTz-p. Sample results: blowup solutions exist close to the ground state, with a blowup rate of . If the domain is a disk then uniform LWP fails for , while for a square one has LWP for all In general domains one has LWP for s > 2..