BlogHelp: Administering a blog on Toronto Math Blogs?
- Our blogs have a single s/w installation Wordpress in multisite configuration (aka Wordpress-µ) v. 3.0.1, which allows actually not only multiple users but also multiple blogs
- Multiblog admin who installs and updates WP, themes, plugins and makes them available to blog admins
- Blogs admins who select themes and activate or deactivate plugins, customize their blogs, control contents
- Ordinary users who can author posts and comments
The same person may have different rights in different blogs. In particular Multiblog admin by default has no rights on Blogs
Help to blogs admins.
You can and need to do certain things to administer your blogs. Log in and go to your Dashboard and look at the left bar.
Find Plugins: Two are installed WP Hooks and Akismet .
- To enable jsMath (so that LaTeX looks nice on web pages) make sure that WP Hooks is active. On the right you should see Deactivate; do not press it. If you see Activate press it – and the button will be Deactivate.
- Activate Akismet (to avoid an explosion of spam on your blog)
- Customizing Appearance. Click Appearance tab and select Widgets to place widgets on SideBar; . You’ll see three areas: for available Widgets (center), for Active (right), to deactivate (bottom). Drag widgets to the right if you want to have it active; from the right to the bottom if you want to deactivate it. Widgets on the right could be rearranged.
Links If Widget Links is active you can add, edit, remove links
- It would be definitely helpful if on front page each blog had a name of admin
WPµ became WP 3.01 multisite and (at least for now) "sites" (subblogs) are configured by "superadmin"
Also with MathJax is loaded by in WP-hooks
Victor 04:21, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
Due to recent hacking which took a long time (by User:Marco) to undo, security settings became more restrictive.
- One can log-in and post and control comments only from math.toronto.edu domai.
- No subadmins anymore. Everything is done by a single admin.
Victor 20:59, 2 October 2010 (EDT)