There will be clean-up
Asking for help
- Asking for help: if something goes wrong the offending file and the log file from running TeX on your computer would be handy.
- texdoctk (both require different viewers and browsers; texdoctk requires also X-windows and Perl::Tk module
Major TeX resources
- CTAN Comprehensive TeX Archive Network;
- TeXLive TeXLive 2012 and MacTeX 2012 help;
- TUG (TeX User Group);
- TeX FAQ;
- texhax maillist archives;
- pdftex maillist archives;
- Mac Tex maillist archives;
- TUG 2008 (video presentations);
- TUG 2009 (video presentations);
- TUG 2010 (video presentations);
- including Donald Knuth iTeX
- http://www.river-valley.tv/conferences/tug-2011 TUG2011] (video presentations);
- Mac TeX wiki;
- TeX4ht converting tex into html, mathml and odf;
- comp.text.tex newsgroup;
- TeXLive contributions (new) for packages which are not included to TeXLive.
- http://www.latexsearch.com/ Searchable collection of math. code snippets from Springer.
- http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html Detexify; kind of OCR for LaTeX symbols.
- StackExchange TeX Examples
- TeXample TeX examples, mainly for pgf/tikx
- LaTeX templates
- MiKTeX TeX for Windows with miktex package manager for UNIX;
- MacTex TeXLIve for Mac and some extras;
- ii2 Alternative TeX for Mac installer (and different extras too); now good only for some extras;
TeX front ends
- TeXmaker Multiplatform TeX front end;
- TeXworks another multiplatform TeX front end promising to be the most advanced one;
- TeXShop Front-end TeX for Mac;
How to make 14 pt output?
does not work as this (and many other) documentclasses don't have this option and in fact reset to the default 10pt. Use
for books and articles respectively. This is an extremely flexible (customizable) and well designed documentclass, with beautifully written manual (covering also some general aspects of producing great documents). Read however its manual.
P.S. I strongly recommend 14 pt for quizzes, tests, exams which often are conducted in the rooms with inadequate light. Victor 13:11, 14 January 2011 (EST)
- An essential guide to LATEX2e usage; explains what one should and should not do;
- Better LateX
- Index on line to famed LaTeX Companion, 2nd edition.
- More Math into LaTeX, George Gratzer, fourth edition, Short Course
- LaTeX Refman
- TeX by Topic
- New comprehensive symbols list.
- More References
- PGF resources.
Victor 16:46, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
- e-Articles, e-Books and e-Talks too
- e-Articles, e-Books and e-Talks too (reloaded) New, leaner and more modern version. In Collection (aka Portfolio) format, requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher;
- TeX Freak
- Beamer All The Way
Victor 16:52, 26 January 2010 (UTC)